Paleo Power Balls
For really long ultras, backcountry skiing or anything where I am going slow enough to eat some real food I like to take these Power Balls with me.
Ingredients: (makes 10 balls or 6 bars)
* 1 Cup Almonds (soaked)
* 1 Cup Raisins’
* 1 Scoop 100% Egg White Protein – Or SFH Whey (MattHartCE discount code)
* 2 tsp. Cinnamon
* 1 tbsp Shredded Coconut
* 1 tbsp Cocao (optional)
– Soak the almonds for at least 4hrs.
– Rinse the raisins with some water.
– Toss them in a food processor with the other ingredients & blend until smooth.
– Roll the balls in the shredded Coconut until covered.
– Store in the Freezer.
– To add some crunch to them throw in additional almonds, macadamia, brazil nuts, or cashews to the original batch after it’s fully blended. Then give it a quick blend in the food processor so the nuts are chopped up, but not blended.
** Thanks to wonderful Paleo Nutritionist Amy Kubal for the original recipe which I’ve slightly altered.