Montrail Recognized in Outside and Backpacker
Montrail® Recognized in Outside and Backpacker for Mountain Masochist and Hardrock 09
Richmond, CA (April 7, 2009) – Montrail, a leading manufacturer of trail-inspired footwear, is honored to receive recognition for the Mountain Masochist and Hardrock 09 by the prestigious outdoor publications Outside and Backpacker. The Mountain Masochist won the coveted Gear of the Year Award from Outside magazine in the trail running category, and the Hardrock 09 was named the Best Run/Hike Crossover in Backpacker’s March 2008 Gear Guide.
Mountain Masochist – Gear of the Year, Outside
“Lisa Jhung had a team of 30 testers testing about 30 of the year’s new trail running shoes. Whatever the terrain or type of run, the Masochist was the shoe that they simply reached for most often. That was the most telling sign. It’s light and fast, but has enough cushioning, padding and underfoot protection for both technical runs and epics. For most runs, on most kinds of terrain, the Masochist was our favorite performance trail running shoe of the year,” says Buyer’s Guide executive editor Justin Nyberg.
Men’s Mountain Masochist
Designed for the off-road runner who wants exceptional fit, performance and breathability, the Mountain Masochist is lightweight and responsive with killer traction. “We listened to what trail runners had to say and they were calling for something trail-worthy, flexible and nimble. The Mountain Masochist embodies that insight delivering a lightweight, flexible feel without sacrificing stability or support,” says Todd Lewis, Montrail Product Lead.
● Midsole – Triple density “Vapor Response” EVA for a responsive ride
● Protection – Trail Shield™ provides a full-foot, lightweight/flexible co-molded material for underfoot protection
● Outsole – Gryptonite™ for great traction and durability
● Upper – Light, breathable hydrophobic mesh with gusseted tongue to keep the dirt out and the feet cool
● Medial post for a smooth transition and mid-foot support
● Optional GORE-TEX® bootie construction,
● Price and Weight (per shoe) – Women’s 9.2 oz., Men’s 10.8 oz.; $95
GORE-TEX® – Women’s 9.8 oz., Men’s 11.4 oz.; $115
Hardrock 09 – Best Run/Hike Crossover in Backpacker’s Gear Guide
The ultimate ultra-runner receives kudos from Backpacker Magazine for its thoughtful upgrades and versatility on the trail. “People who put in the long miles love the stability and protection of the original Hardrock, but they were always wishing for something a little lighter and faster. We feel we found the sweet spot. The Hardrock 09 is lighter, faster and more flexible without sacrificing the support and stability signature to the Hardrock,” says Montrail Sales Manager Donna Williams.
Men’s Hardrock 09
● Midsole – 360° Perimeter™ technology for comfort and stability on uneven surfaces
● Protection – Trail Shield™ extends through the forefoot into the midfoot arch to protect from rocks and trail debris
● Outsole – Gryptonite™ GT for great traction and durability on trail
● Upper – Highly breathable mesh with gusseted tongue to keep dirt and moisture out
● Dual-density midsole posted on the medial side
● Molded mid-foot shank for support and torsional rigidity
● Additional cushioning at heel
● Price and Weight (per shoe) – Women’s 10.5 oz., Men’s 11.8 oz.; $110
Established in 1993, Montrail is a premium outdoor footwear brand known for its technical, high performance trail running and hiking footwear for outdoor enthusiasts. Montrail sells footwear to retailers in the United States and in 29 countries worldwide. In 1996, Montrail embarked on a mission to improve the standard for comfort and fit in footwear by creating IntegraFit™, its proprietary fit technology. To learn more about Montrail visit www.montrail.com.
Montrail at Backcountry.com